Davis Attention Mastery provides effective tools to help adults and children age 8 and over to address attention, behavioral, or organisational difficulties.
About the program:
Through working one-on-one with a Davis Facilitator, adults and children gain new abilities:
- To recognise and clear up distorted perceptions
- To use simple mental tools to focus, relax, and control and monitor energy levels
- To master and internalise concepts that will help them with social interactions and attention issues. These concepts include: self, change, consequence, before, after, cause, effect, time, sequence, and order vs. disorder
- To apply these concepts in real life situations
A Drug-Free Approach:
The Davis approach gives individuals the tools to control their attention focus and energy level without reliance on drugs or nutritional supplements. These simple mental techniques can be learned quickly, without reliance on specialised equipment or gimmicks.
These techniques/ tools include:
- Davis Orientation or Alignment: A simple approach which stabilizes and harmonizes an inividual’s perceptions, including the perception of the passage of time.
- Davis Dial Setting: Provides individuals of all ages with enhanced awareness and ability to self-regulate energy levels.
- Davis Release: A simple and easy tool for relaxation and stress-reduction.
Individuals who are labeled or diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD or ADHD) tend to be highly imaginative and creative thinkers. Often they have difficulty harnessing their ideas and translating thought to action.
They know what they want to accomplish, but struggle when it comes to completing tasks and establishing organisation in their lives.
Davis Concept Mastery is a system of guided modeling of concepts, which enables individuals to develop personal insight and understanding into their self-created barriers through exploring concepts such as consequence, order and responsibility
Young children diagnosed with ADHD often have significant academic and learning barriers, particularly with reading skills and reading comprehension. The Davis tools for attention regulation are part of every Davis program. Because academic difficulties often are at the heart of behaviour problems and the inability to sustain focus in a classroom setting, in some cases it is better for chidren to start with a Davis Dyslexia Correction program. In many cases, the behavior issues that gave rise to an ADHD diagnosis will disipate when the child gains the ability to read and understand print.
Adults and teenagers who are frustrated because of poor organisational skills, difficulty completing projects or time management may choose to begin with the Davis Attention Mastery approach.
Used with Permission From Dyslexia the Gift web site, © Davis Dyslexia Association International
Photography by C.L.A.Y. Learning